October 17, 2010

Calm before the storm

Well, haha....you do get a short email from me today :) Things are pretty calm right now, we got up at 4:30 this morning to go to the Palengke to get some food cause we didn't have much and ended up going from place to place until what we wanted opened. We hate the palengke, it is the absolute worse smell in the world and all you can get are veges, fruits and meat. So i am super tired and will probable sleep today since we will be stuck in our house most likely. I am excited, anxious, and nervous for this storm. People have been telling us what happened in the past and it just sounds scary! I feel bad for all the people who don't live in stable homes ( i do don't worry!). I have a feeling it's not really gonna hit my area that bad though. It sounds pretty crazy though looking it up on the weather channel! I will let you know how it all goes next week!

I can't believe the wedding is this week! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! I'm so happy and can't wait to see pics!!!! you can include them in your email next week, i would LOVE that!!! And mom, i really want to see your dress, it sounds hot! I will pray for the weather to turn out well!

brown out=black out haha, they just call it a brown out for some reason. No electric, no water. and who knows why the water smelt like pee, but it was gross!

Well, real quick, this week was the best week yet, after all our hardships with the area we feel like the lord is finally letting us see the fruits of our labors and we are so very grateful!! We have found a lot of new investigators whose hearts are ready! This week was the first time i really felt like i was able to use my power and authority as a missionary and say exactly what the Lord would have me say. Coolest experience ever...it happened twice, i didn't even feel like it was me speaking. I LOVE being a missionary, I am so so so blessed and i Love these people so much, my heart is so full of joy right now because of them! MASAYA AKO!!! (I am happy!)

I love you all and pray for you often :)

lahat ng pagmamahal ko,
sis carroll




They have really good fruit here



My first companion and trainer, Sis Rivera



This man was babptized 2 days after I got here.
Our "dryer" and part of our living room

No comments: