February 23, 2011

Kumusta kayo diyan?!

Well, maybe you should all join me in the Phillys.....most of the days have brought us lovely weather! Some days are a bit hot, but when we have clouds, it's PERFECT!! First of all, I do not know an Elder Jeffrey Smith, maybe sometime in the future we will be in the same district or zone. Holy moly, these stinken pictures, that's not annoying at all! Ha, next week I will make a cd and send it home...patience.

Well, nothing much to report on this week, it was kinda a rough one, I feel like all we did was walk most days. Then yesterday at church we only had 2 investigators come :( It's just so heartbreaking when you teach people the truth and what they need to do to accept it, and then they don't do it, even if they say they believe and want to be baptized....they are without actions and their lives remain the same. Tonight we are going to teach those 2 families that I have mentioned before and since they are not progressing we have to do the hardest thing ever and straight up tell them if you don't start acting on our message we have to stop teaching you pretty much. That kills me, I love them so much and because I know how important this gospel is, I want them to know it and feel it too....you just can't force those things on people. It's like one line from a hymn "God will force no man to heaven" so true, we chose this plan in the beginning, we have our agency and therefore, WE must choose. It seriously is a hard thing to watch, my heart is heavy right now just thinking about them.

So this last week we had exchanges! I got to go to Candon with Sis. Leonhardt....reunited once again. It was fun to be with her, and so weird to see us both now in the Philippines teaching lessons and doing missionary work. I remember back in the MTC how nervous we were and
how we taught back then. We've definitely improved haha! One lola we taught had these glasses that flashed me right back to when I was 3 yrs old and wore those big ole pink things haha! I attached a pic, hopefully it goes through!



It was the fashion back in the 90's!


Also, I'd just like to describe what goes on here every Friday around 4 o'clock when people get off of work.....there is a plaza in the middle of town and they blast awesome 'get-up-and-dance' music and a buckler (gay guy) leads all of these old people in dancing.....funniest thing ever. Whoever wants to join can join, whoever wants to watch can watch! I took a pic lol, and if I wasn't a missionary, I'd jump right in there with them! I love the Philly's.

I think I've mentioned how there is not one comfortable thing in the Philippines, like literally comfortable....no carpet, no fluffy couches to sink into, no big comfy beds. Everything is hard and cold. My heart goes out to people when i see their sleeping arrangements. A lot of people sleep on a cement floor on pieces of cardboard, or on a wooden bench thing. Very few have mattresses. They are content with the hardness. I just think to my big bed at home with a big comforter and lots of pillows....and also our couches that are the most comfortable things in the world. Such different lifestyles!

Alright, sorry, the contents of this email have no purpose really, usually I write things down during the week I'd like to share....this week kinda just happened and now its pday again......time is on fast forward i swear! But lets just think for a brief moment that next Tuesday marks my 1/2 way point......I'd actually rather not think about it so i will leave it up to you all.

mahal ko kayo! Magenjoy lang kayo!

Sis. Carroll
"An eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks.The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it. The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm" -President Odgers

No comments: