January 16, 2011

What do you Choose?

Hello po!

Well, this was kinda a boring week...don't have much to report. W egot the transfer list today....drum roll please.....no changes for me and sis Estrada!! Which I'm very happy about, our companionship has been awesome and our work moving forward. I am glad that we have another 6 weeks to work on and improve ourselves. I feel like we have both come a long way since last transfer and I am excited to keep working together.

This last week of work was pinaka-da-best...aka the best of the best. I will explain in a minute. In other good news....Sis McCormick is coming into my district which i am thrilled about!! Sis Leonhardt (mtc comp) is already in my district and they are going to be comps so i am just so stoked to have both of my friends in my district with me! We get together every Wednesday for district meeting and then a district activity once a transfer! It's gonna be so much fun! Not to mention, both our zone leaders and the 2 other missionaries are American....poor sis Estrada is the only Filipino....good thing she likes Americans more than Filipinos haha!

So as I said last week, focusing on numbers is NOT good and just causes discouragement and stress. Well, this week I stayed aways from caring about numbers and to add to that, we had the best training in district meeting on Wednesday about becoming a "new creature" as it states in Mosiah 27:26. It truly inspired me to want to put off the"natural man" and anything of the world to become the best missionary i can be....not only that, but the best person i can be. I don't want to come home the same person I left behind. There are a lot of changes I want to make about myself and before the mission and up until this point on my mission I've been afraid of changing them because i was afraid of failing and disappointing myself. However, after this training i was able to gain a determination that i think will carry me through even disappointments. I have committed myself to doing this and to becoming what Heavenly Father wants me to become. I've also studied the talk by Elder Scott about faith and character and my eyes have been opened to what character is and how important it is to have strong character.

This life is all about choices...choosing to follow the Spirit or choosing to follow the carnal desires. Sometimes we try and mold our spirits to fit our bodies and what our bodies want....when in reality, it needs to be the other way around....we need to mold our young, immature bodies to fit our mature, wise spirits. That is how we gain strength and knowledge that will benefit us both in this life and in the life to come. Why would we give up an eternity of joy and happiness to feed, for a short time, our natural desires that we can only please while we are mortal....and how much longer is that going to last? It is hard at first to control what we want so bad, but we need to realize that we are stronger than we think, that we have all the promises given to those who live righteous, devoted lives. The Savior is our perfect example and when we look to Him in times of weakness and pressure, we will always come out the victor over our own selves. This must be done to receive all that He has and all that He is. We will not make it to Heaven on the worldly things we have gained or done. Heavenly Father is Spiritual and everything He has to give us is spiritual. I have gained a strong conviction of this concept this last week. I tried harder than before to put the things of the world aside and do the work of the Lord and have seen first hand the fruits of my labors. It's not easy I can testify of that, but at the end of the day, what can replace the feeling of accomplishment and success?! It can be done, with the help of the Lord, we can become "new creatures."

Magenjoy lang kayo at magtiis....nandyan ang Dyos sa tabi nyo.malalaman nyo kung ano ang dapat nyong gawin! :)



Sis. Carroll


"The one who pees here, hopefully the Lord will take you away" haha! I got a kick out of it!

No comments: