September 25, 2011

Everyday's a Holiday

Maligayang Pasko!!  (Merrry Christmas....hehe)

I just love walking into people's houses and seeing Christmas decorations up haha, there are quite a few these days!!  Haha, so picture of Alec and the little white shirt....HILARIOUS!!  Had me rollin around a little haha!  Thanks for all the updates mom, I am very excited for all the pregnancies goin on these days!  And as for the package....don't know if its here yet...could be sitting at the mission home, but I wont get it until Interviews this transfer.  And didn't you say a while ago that the YW sent me a package?  cause if so...i never got it.  As for the ward in which i will be reporting....undecided, i was also thinking about how much it will have changed and maybe it will be better to do it in the home ward.  But how will that work though?  Will I be released by that stake president or my singles ward stake president??  I don't know what to expect really.

So all is well here.....there is no transfer among us 4 sisters, YAY!!!!  Its so fun with us four, lots of energy and excitement and of coarse the usual struggles but those only make us stronger right!  I LOVE my job so much, I hope you all don't get tired of hearing me say that...or I guess reading it, but it's always true!  Yesterday we had 9 investigators come to church!!  WOOHOO!!  I can honestly say for all of them that they are "honest seekers of truth" they genuinely want to follow God's will and I am seeing such great blessings in their lives and so are they!  The gospel is truly amazing.  It is the ONLY thing that can change us for the better and bring us unto Jesus Christ. 

We are teaching 2 kids right now who really want to be taught--they were a referral from a member--and we've tried getting a hold of their parents so we can teach them as well.  Well, the other day we found their mom and she wouldn't give us 2 seconds to share with her our message.  She kept saying how embarrassed she was because of her husband who is always drunk and she is okay with her kids being taught but she doesn't have time for us.  She started crying too as she talked about her husband.  We tried telling her that there was hope for their family to live a better life and for her husband to change..she immediately shot that down and said there was no hope and then left.  Gosh, my heart was broken....here is God dangling happiness right before her and she is turning the other way and running.  Why do we reject the goodness that the Lord offers us?!  Why do we think that there is "no hope" ? Why do we settle for less than complete peace and joy?  Because I want to testify that the promises of the Lord are unto all, not just a select few....stop throwing away and "setting at naught" the blessings of our loving Heavenly Father.  Please, let Him in and stop doubting.  I can't stand to read of the wickedness of the people in the Book of Mormon and then look up and see it happening all around me.  I love all of God's children and know without a doubt we, each one of us, deserves to feel His love and joy in abundance in our lives.  If we feel anything less....its time for a heart-check...is it humble and soft?  Or has it grown hardened and cold. 
"Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of me, if it so be that they exercise faith in him?  Wherefore, let us be faithful to him."  1 nephi 7:12

Sorry, I get a little passionate sometimes, I just want everyone to enjoy life and be happy and accept our Savior into their lives.  So, that's about it....out of time, I LOVE YOU with all that I am, stay strong...."look to God and live"

Sis Carroll

No comments: