May 9, 2011

Your Taxes is Working for You

Gandang tanghali po sa inyong lahat!!

Love the English that goes on here....'your taxes is working for you' saw that on a billboard the other day and automatically in my head i heard Brian Regan saying it.....just makes it that much funnier. So we have this giant spider that lives with us, but I think he moved out cause we haven't seen him in a while. But every night we would find him randomly in our bedroom while we were planning. one night I went to bed with him on the wall right next to my bed. perfect, I told him not to crawl into bed with me....hopefully he obeyed! He was pretty big though and I was proud of myself for not freaking out. man, everything about this place has totally grown on me!



So we had a training a couple weeks ago about listening. Way good and we really tried applying it in our teaching. This is definitely a principle that we all must apply in our everyday lives. Just think about how much you actually LISTEN to people when they are talking to you, and then think about the response you usually give them. There is always a deeper meaning and if we aren't really listening, we will certainly miss it. We have seen the fruits of this in the lives of a couple people. One, Maria Louisa-an investigator, she was always telling us how hard of a life she has lived but how she is still happy and she prays (first of all that's totally normal to hear from people here) so I actually thought this time about what she was saying then put myself in her shoes and thought about my future, or her future really....I thought to myself, wow, if I was her I would probably not expect anything good to happen in my life cause only bad things have happened. Then a question came to mind that I asked her "do you have hope in your future for good things to come to you?" She thought for a second and said no. She had no hope, she is basically waiting for her time to be up in life. We were able to testify to her that we were messengers of hope that the Lord sent to her and she needed to listen to us. It was a very powerful experience. We are now waiting for her to gain a little faith and trust in our invitation to be baptized.

I almost love it when people tell me of the hard trials they have/are experiencing. It just shows me how real this plan is and how important our lives are. I want them to see how much of a blessing those trials are. I came across a quote in "Our Heritage" the other day, very good:
"If you have troubles at home with children who stray, if you suffer financial reverses and emotional strain that threaten your homes and your happiness, if you must face the loss of life or health, may peace be unto your soul. We will not be tempted beyond our ability to withstand. Our detours and disappointments ARE the straight and narrow path to Him." -President Hunter

I believe this to be true, I believe if life isn't hard, we aren't trying hard enough to be like our Savior....nothing was easy for him, why would it be easy for us? Oh trials.....what will it be like to live without the constant pull of the evil one who wants so badly to lead us down to destruction. I often think of the day when the Savior will come to redeem us from this constant battle we are apart of. What a glorious day--every knee truly will bow and every tongue truly confess that He is our God.

Well, it was such a great opportunity to talk to you all this morning!!!! Sayang talaga na di tayo nag-goodbye....bitin talaga....pero, alam ko na mahal na mahal nyo ako nang sobra at nararamdaman ko kanina na nandyan kayo para sa akin sa lahat ng paghihirap na nararanasan ko ngyaon. (there is your tagalog for the day!!) Sure brightened my day though, I literally felt like I was right there in the grandparent's house talking with you all!!! I love you very very much and feel your love and support of me over here. I know that when i feel like a "stranger in this foreign land" I am not a stranger in the hearts of my family. :) You all are so special to me!!

Hope you all have an awesome day....keep your heads up and eyes forward!

Hanggang sa next week!
Sister Carroll

No comments: